The Cupertino Hotel and The Grand Hotel
Statement on Cleaning Protocols
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. Both our Hotels are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). On a daily basis, our hotels are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps The Cupertino Hotel and The Grand Hotel are taking includes:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: The Cupertino Hotel as well as The Grand Hotel Sunnyvale has launched an internal communications hub with the latest news and information associates can use to prepare for and respond to COVID-19. In addition, The Cupertino Hotel and The Grand Hotel’s management team are on standby 24/7 to support both hotels and coordinate with local, regional and state authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure our hotels can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency or equivalent agency as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.